I’m so excited to present my first dish on my blog! Yay! I decided to do something a little special and new – Garlic and herb roasted shoulder of lamb – whoop!
This is my very first time roasting a piece of lamb and I was a little nervous. I faffed around my lil’ lamb like an over bearing Mary (get it? lol) as I didn’t want it over cooked or too pink ether. When I make lamb, I usually got for the chops as they’re tasty, lean and quick to cook, but on this occasion, the lamb shoulder caught my eye and I thought, “why not make a roast?”
I didn’t follow any particular recipe, I just went with the flavours I remembered from past meals as well as what I felt would taste right… so here goes!
♠ Where I shopped
♥ What I used
- Sea salt
- 1 Pack shoulder of lamb
- 1 pack mixed roasting herbs – Rosemary, Thyme and Sage
- 3 cloves of garlic – halved
- 1 seasoning cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
♦ What I did
- Preheat the oven as per instructions on the packet for the lamb.
- Prepare the lamb seasoning by mixing the olive oil, salt, seasoning cube, herbs and garlic.
- Pierce the lamb with a knife and rub the mixture into the lamb.
- Cook the lamb as per instructions on the packet.
- Once cooked, leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!